Offering a friendly and rewarding working environment, meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people and a range of benefits, YMCA Norfolk are looking for a Young Persons Life Coach to join their team in Great Yarmouth.
YMCA Norfolk is a local charity who supports young people and families offering meaningful accommodation, training, health and wellbeing, and family support to make a difference in the lives of young people.
We value the skills and attributes of every member of our team and personal development plans enabling staff to focus on aspirations and fulfil their potential.
Role Responsibilities for the Young Adult Support Worker:
- Regularly meet young people in Great Yarmouth to deliver transformational activities and dedicated coaching and support
- Deliver independent living courses demystifying education, breaking the cycle of homelessness and improving young people’s ability to sustain future employment, gain independence and create an appetite for further education, training and personal development
- Support young people to identify, explore and commit to written long-term personal and employment goals
- Deliver accredited training and increase aspirations and confidence in young people
- Deliver Tenancy and Independent Living Skills courses
- Complete an Outcome Star with Young People on the programme in order to show progress
- Work alongside other YMCA Norfolk services to bring added value to the programme wherever possible
- Ensure the primacy of safeguarding children, young people and adults within or connected to YMCA Norfolk
Requirements for the Youth Worker:
We are looking for a friendly, approachable and encouraging individual who ideally has, or is happy to work towards, a Coaching qualification. You should have:
- Previous experience in a youth work position acting in an advisory and encouraging capacity
- Good knowledge of effective participation methodology
- Strong engagement skills with young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to develop strong positive working relationships
- Experience of youth participation in a partnership setting
- The ability and willingness to work unsocial hours
- A full driving licence with your own transport (desirable)
Terms of Role:
- This is a Fixed Term Contract until May 2022
- Full Time, 35 hours per week
- Pay is £10.62 per hour
- 33 days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
Closing date: Tuesday 1st December 2020 at 9am.