Job title: Transport / Fleet Manager
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per annum
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension scheme, car allowance, statutory holiday (increases in subsequent years)
Candidate must have 5 years transport and workshop management experience, hold a Transport Manager CPC, and be within a 1 hour commute of Bracknell.
Shorts Group Limited is an established, independent family-owned business offering excellent quality and services having 60 years of experience in serving the various aspects of the construction, agricultural and waste management industries.
We are currently looking for an experienced Transport / Fleet Manager to join our friendly team.
Job description for Transport / Fleet Manager
As a National CPC holder, you will be the License holder for all vehicles across Shorts Group Limited and Shorts Agricultural Services Limited. You will provide general and fleet management support to these businesses, as well as developing and implementing group transport related initiatives and projects, reporting to the senior management team on a monthly basis.
Duties include controlling day-to-day activities of the vehicle workshops as well as ensuring and reporting maximum uptime of vehicle availability.
You will be responsible for managing both Vehicle and Insurance databases, supporting the Workshop Manager with stock strategy and the vehicle maintenance program, advising the business on industry wide developments particularly in relation to operation of alternative fuels, and ensuring that Shorts Group remains fully legal and compliant in accordance with current legislation.
Requirements for the Transport / Fleet Manager
- Must have 5 years transport and fleet management experience in a multi-site environment
- Must have workshop management experience
- Must be within 1 hours commute of Bracknell
- CPC Transport Manager Qualification is essential
- Experience in managing a large versatile fleet of vehicles and equipment
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Good knowledge/understanding of FORS etc.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- IT literate
- Be proactive with a positive approach to delivering change
- Ability to work with high levels of integrity, common sense and initiative