TIG Welder
Fakenham, Norfolk
Up to £12 per hour, dependent on experience

We are a specialised lifting equipment company, operating from a modern facility in Fakenham.

Due to our continued growth we now require a Welder, predominantly for the TIG weld of stainless steel with the occasional MIG weld of mild steel, producing high quality sub-assemblies ready for production.

It is essential that the desired candidate is able to weld to a high standard within strict timescales.

Your specific duties will include the following:

  • To review job cards and raise questions where necessary
  • To plan welding duties with Workshop Supervisor, agreeing timings that meet the overall assembly program
  • To cut metal to length from stock when required
  • 95% of work will be the TIG welding of stainless steel sub-assemblies, with the remaining 5% being spent on MIG welding of mild steel.
  • QA finished assembly for accuracy to relevant drawing
  • Glass blast or grain stainless steel articles as needed
  • Final QA inspection of own work to relevant drawing
  • Maintain stock level of standard material sizes and raise requisition orders when items are low
  • Ensure the workshop clean and tidy at all times
  • Identify and report issues that could cause production delays or quality problems in good time to the relevant person

The right candidate will have superb time management skills to ensure that work projects are completed on time, working within the strict quality guidelines, whilst minimising wastage.