Sopher + Co are Accountants and Tax Advisers who make it their business to understand and add value to clients personal and business affairs. We have an excellent opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join the Tax Department in our highly successful Accountancy Practice in Borehamwood.
This admin role involves working in and supporting our Tax Department with general administration duties which will include data entry of information on client accounts, scanning documents for electronic filing, dealing with various queries, correspondence memos and letters and photocopying of documentation.
Role responsibilities for the Administration Assistant:
- Corresponding with HMRC on a regular basis
- Putting together tax packs
- Preparing and issuing engagement letters
- Processing incoming post, distributing emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Chasing information requests via email and or telephone calls
- Maintaining contact lists/client lists
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Requirements for the Administration Assistant:
- You will have ideally worked within a professional services environment, however those with previous experience in a similar admin position will be considered
- You will be confident in communicating with more senior members of staff and not be afraid to ask questions to assist in your progression
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate keyboard skills, both written and numerical
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise work and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect
We offer a competitive package including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.