Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday – Friday (9am-5pm)
Salary: £Competitive DOE
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Company pension
- Dental plan
- Exam support and career progression
- Employee assistance programme plus other excellent benefits you’d expect from a leading global organisation
Crawford is the largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management and outsourcing solutions globally with nearly 9,000 employees in over 70 countries around the world. Providing industry-leading services spanning across loss adjusting, surveying, subsidence, environmental, cyber risk, legal and more.
Functional Knowledge – Senior Solicitor:
- Competency in word, Microsoft, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong legal knowledge.
- Confidentially run their own case load.
- Supervise more junior members of the team.
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualification
- 5 yr PQE Solicitor/Cilex PQE
- Experience of Constructions disputes (incl adjudications and arbitrations)
- Degree or equivalent.
- 3 A Levels.
- Grade C or above for Maths and English GCSE
Experience of Subrogated recoveries (major and complex property damage preferred) and/or General Civil/Commercial Litigation (incl contract, negligence, and land disputes)
Key Responsibilities – Senior Solicitor:
- Manage legal documentation and correspondence in strict confidence.
- Investigate the facts of a case.
- Conduct research where necessary on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles to ensure the accuracy of advice and the procedure.
- Prepare case plans and strategy notes for handling of the case.
- Drafting variety of legal documents.
- Correspond with solicitors, court, and clients.
- Represent clients in court.
- Meet and interview clients when necessary.
- Advise clients on the law and legal issues.
- Negotiate with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives.
- Attend meetings and negotiations.
- Prepare papers for court.
- Work in a team, sometimes referring cases to team managers/partners where appropriate.
- Supervise and delegate work to trainee solicitors, paralegals, and legal secretaries as appropriate.
- Check all documentation prior to signing and implementing.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports.
- Prepare and maintain correct MI.
- Professional, confidential, and discrete.
- Team player.
- Shows initiative.
- Adheres to the company value and culture.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Motivation and commitment.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- Good time management.
- Strong work ethic and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in busy working environment.
Skills – Senior Solicitor
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to interpret and input data accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to conduct thorough research.
- Professional and confident telephone manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong legal knowledge.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
Due to the nature of our work, this role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check
Crawford & Company actively supports Equal Opportunities and embraces Diversity and Inclusion. So, what are you waiting for? Apply today, we’re looking forward to your application.