Senior Finance Assistant – Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking applications from experienced, qualified, finance assistants. This is a fixed term role to cover maternity. The successful applicant will support budgeting and financial management services to a variety of business areas and client accounts.
- You will provide support in controlling and co-ordinating the development, preparation and monitoring of budgets.
- You will advise in producing specified client’s capital and revenue budgets, input budget information and complete related reports, statistics and returns as necessary to give options and advice on available funds.
- You will be expected to contribute to the monthly monitoring process and the production of the accounts ensuring all entries are genuine. You will identify and challenge any issues or discrepancies and make sure information is received on time, to ensure successful financial management.
- To provide timely financial information for ad-hoc requests and project work.
- Provide training and financial advice on a day-to-day basis as required by the service department through considering new legislation, reports and accounting practices
- Assist in cash management through recharges of actual expenditure and where necessary processing of loan transactions for authorisation by senior level manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- AAT Certified or similar qualification
- Practical knowledge of computerised financial systems
- Knowledge and experience of budget preparation and monitoring
- Experience giving equivalent skills and knowledge of accountancy
- Good numeracy skills, and the ability to analyse complex financial information
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to obtain, relay and clarify information and experience of working with other departments at all levels.
- Ability to manage own time
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.