Job title: Purchase Ledger
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 per annum
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension scheme, statutory holiday (increases in subsequent years)
Shorts Group Limited is an established, independent family-owned business offering excellent quality and services having 60 years of experience in serving the various aspects of the construction, agricultural and waste management industries.
We are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger to join our friendly team in Bracknell.
Job description for Purchase Ledger
As a Purchase Ledger you will be scanning and matching invoices to electronic purchase orders, processing invoices onto Sage 200, resolving all invoice queries, producing the monthly CIS returns and submitting to HMRC, ensuring that all certificates are issued to contractors as required, and preparing month end accruals for invoices not received.
You will be responsible for processing invoices for payment, closing old/obsolete purchase orders, preparing payment runs, producing detailed analysis of accounts as requested for the Finance Manager and any other ad hoc duties as required.
Requirements for the Purchase Ledger
- Knowledge of Sage 200 and excel spreadsheets
- Experience in CIS returns will be an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines by planning and prioritising workloads
- A high level of accuracy is essential
- You must be a good team player who works well under your own initiative
- You must have a good telephone manner to deal with suppliers queries