Property Loss Adjuster – Home Based, Northern Ireland (Regular regional travel) – Highly Competitive Salary – Full Time, Permanent
Crawford is the largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management and outsourcing solutions globally with nearly 9,000 employees in over 70 countries around the world. Providing industry-leading services spanning across loss adjusting, surveying, subsidence, environmental, cyber risk, legal and more.
Our Property team are at the heart of our business: Managing property claims ranging from minor damage to major to catastrophic events. As a Commercial and/or Domestic Property Loss Adjuster, you’ll be assigned your own region and mixed claims portfolio. This role is home based with regular regional travel required with occasional overnight stays depending upon location.
What You Will Be Doing – Property Loss Adjuster:
You will be managing a mixed portfolio of domestic, commercial & agricultural claims, up to the value of £100k. These can vary in complexity so it’s essential to put yourself in the shoes of the policy holder, appreciate each situation differently by investigating each claim with tact and a calm manner, establishing the facts, policy details and work towards a resolution.
Client relationships will be key, through management and delivery of SLA’s and KPI’s, in addition to proactive Client and Broker interaction. You’ll need to get to the root cause of any issues, take responsibility to resolve problems and collate all necessary details to ensure swift settlement whenever possible.
Liaising with different business areas, such as Casualty, Major & Complex Loss, Contractor Connections and Legal, you will ensure each step of the claims process is as thorough as possible, collating and recording all necessary statements and information as required.
- Previous Loss Adjusting or complex high value Claims Handling experience is essential for this role
- ACII or CILA qualified, however candidates who are qualified by experience are just as welcome to apply, however we do seek candidates aiming to achieve their personal qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of FSA procedures and TCF initiatives
- Extensive knowledge of the insurance market
- Extensive technical knowledge within the adjusting arena
- Full driving licence
- Flexibility in travelling
- Understanding of Client SLA compliance/productivity/quality requirements
- Working knowledge of scoping software and hand held device use
- Good negotiation skills – for arranging appointments, alternative accommodation and explaining information when there is pushback on settlement
- Good IT skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Flexible work from home working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Company car/car allowance
- Comprehensive system training
- Company pension
- Dental plan
- Exam support and career progression
- Employee assistance programme plus other excellent benefits you’d expect from a leading global organisation
Due to the nature of our work, this role is subject to a satisfactory basic DBS check.
Crawford & Company actively supports Equal Opportunities and embraces Diversity and Inclusion. So what are you waiting for? Apply today, we’re looking forward to your application.