Product Configuration Management Assistant
Our well established client currently has an opening for a Product Configuration Management Assistant.
- The creation and approval of engineering parts, documentation and Bills of Material for release to manufacture and procurement.
- Assisting with the company change management process, maintaining product structures and Configuration Items whilst ensuring the integrity of the revised parts and documentation.
- Assisting the Configuration Manager in the creation and maintenance of build standards and Configuration Status Records in line with Configuration accounting.
- Supporting the maintenance, development and evolution of the CM business processes, ensuring alignment with Systems Engineering.
- Supporting and when appropriate deputising for the Configuration Manager. Conducting CM audits, creating CM plans and baselines.
- Adhering to agreed best practice policies and approved operating procedures in line with Configuration Management Principles and processes.
- Responsibility for engineering permission settings and ensuring all completed work and documentation is transferred in an efficient and timely manner in line with the Configuration Managers / Companies requirements and timescale.
- Communicating and engaging with other departments where necessary to achieve the required objectives.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Flexible and with the ability to work within a small team to deliver the same goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet the requirements and deadlines of the role.
- Methodical and diligent with attention to detail.
- Strong and pragmatic problem-solving approach with demonstratable planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to respond positively to change. Aptitude to acquire new technical knowledge and learn new skills.
- A high level of numeracy and literacy. A good basic level of MS packages. (Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
Education and Experience
- Qualification in a technical discipline: Apprenticeship / City and Guilds / BTEC / ONC.
- Educated to GCSE grade C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Experience of IFS ERP system or similar would be beneficial.
- Experience in an engineering based industry – Manual or office work.
- Understanding Engineering documentation and drawings in relation to BS308 / BS8888.