PHP Developer – Norwich, Norfolk, £30,000-£38,000 per annum plus package
Working in a team of developers across a range of technologies and clients. A mixture of project management frameworks are employed (PRINCE2 and Scrum), so experience of the various stages of development aligned to these methodologies is advantageous. People with an energetic and enthusiastic outlook will do well in this role. Ideally someone who is not familiar with the phrase “that can’t be done”.
This role requires participation in the full product life cycle, from design to deployment, to post launch phases including editorial and technical training. In many cases this is a client-facing role.
- 3+ years working with web technology.
- Extensive experience of developing websites in PHP.
- Strong understanding of MySQL.
- jQuery (to hand coded level).
- HTML5 (full language features – not just semantic tags).
- Cross-browser compatibility testing and development.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Apache server configuration.
- Drupal development (configuration, theming and module development).
- University educated in computer science.
- Experience working in an agency/supplier environment.
- TDD/BDD experience.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party social APIs.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g. Sass, Less).
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following back-end frameworks/platforms: Drupal, Wordpress, Laravel, CodeIgniter, node.js, Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimisation techniques.