Job title: HGV HIAB Driver (Class 1 / HIAB Operator)
Salary: FROM £30,000 per annum
Location: Ossett, West Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent after a 6 month probationary period
Benefits: Night out Allowance, Meal Allowance, Laundry Allowance, NEST Pension with combined contribution of 5%
Mark Smithson Transport is a FORS Gold haulage company based in West Yorkshire that specialises in the movement and relocation of equipment throughout the UK and Europe.
We will provide the successful candidate with the required training i.e. Crane operating if not already qualified.
We are looking for an HGV HIAB Driver (Class 1 / HIAB Operator) to join our friendly team in Ossett.
Job description for HGV HIAB Driver (Class 1 / HIAB Operator)
The successful HGV HIAB Drivers will carry out driving and related duties involved with the delivery of various loads to our customers whilst ensuring their driving is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
This position is nationwide on a Monday to Friday basis with the occasional nights out. All drivers will be expected to work the occasional weekends when work demands and when required.
All applicants would require a full corporate driving assessment.
Requirements for Class 1 Driver/ HIAB Operator
- C+E licence (UK licence)
- Digi card
- CPC card
- Clean driving licence OR no more than 6 points
- You will ideally be based within a 30-minute commute of Ossett.
- Relevant experience in a similar role desirable
- Experience working with Abnormal Loads, flat and specialist trailers and a HIAB licence would be beneficial
- Benefit greatly with the knowledge of roping and sheeting
- Capable of completing Vehicle Maintenance Checks and other safety requirements
- The ability to complete delivery paperwork
- Preferably hold a HIAB licence
- Have a positive, friendly and helpful manner
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of UK roads
We offer all employees a cycle to work scheme, a workplace combined pension and many other perks.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we treat all employees fairly and offer many training and development opportunities, excellent rates of pay (including pension and holiday pay).