Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Newport, Wales.
Working Hours: 07.30am – 16.00pm, with half an hour unpaid lunch break plus overtime
Salary: £16.00 per hour to £18.00 per hour depending on experience
- Company Pension
- Company Vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- Premier Inn Card
- On the job training will be provided.
Within the Falcon Group is Falcon Tower Crane Services, the largest tower crane supplier in the UK and one of the largest in the world with just under 450 tower cranes nationwide. Falcon Power Generation with 350 generators nationwide along with Falcon Freight who operate a fleet of 32 HGV vehicles with a selection of units supporting artic and rigid HIAB cranes.
Falcon Power Generation runs a modern fleet of stage IIIA & stage V compliant sets, plus a fleet of Hybrid generators/battery packs along 1,000, 2,000, and 3,000 litre fuel tanks. Together with a large range of ancillary items such as distribution boards and cabling. In addition, the company has its own crane mounted trucks for ideal delivery and placement.
With its head office based in Swinton, and other locations to include Newport, Bedfordshire and Norfolk, Falcon Power are ideally placed as a national distributor.
We are looking for a full-time experienced Generator Field Engineer with industry-specific technical expertise, to be based in Newport, Wales.
Responsibilities – Generator Engineer:
- Working as part of the service team supporting our generators whilst on customer sites.
- To undertake minor and major services of our equipment either on site or in the Depot and to prepare the equipment for hire contracts. Load Tests are to be carried out to ensure effectiveness of equipment.
- Providing support to the both the Service Team and Office Team within Falcon Power Generation.
- Installation and removal of generators on customers sites.
- Carry out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are clean and tidy.
- Delivery and collection of generators and associated items to hire contracts.
- Full Clean Driving Licence, with the ability to tow trailers (would be ideal).
- Forklift Ticket
Skills – Generator Engineer:
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience as a diesel Field Generator Engineer with proven work experience in maintenance / repair of diesel generators
- A strong knowledge of diesel generators and associated items.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A strong electrical understanding of generators to enable installation and decommission of equipment on sites.
- Knowledge to identify parts required to facilitate effective repairs.
- Knowledge on maintenance of telematics systems, experience on Deepsea panels preferred.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with the ability to delivery excellent customer service on our projects.
- Prepared to work outside in all weather conditions, for which, suitable PPE will be provided.
Due to the nature of the business, we can offer flexibility to start early and work later, overtime and occasional weekend working will be required as per business needs. This will also require flexibility with regards to working hours and attending sites anywhere in the UK should the need arise.