Job title: Family Worker
Salary: £23,500 per annum
Location: HMP Lewes
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
The Forward Trust is the social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Family Worker at our service in HMP Lewes.
Job description for the Family Worker
Working closely with the Family Support Coordinator, as the Family Worker you will be responsible for delivering family work interventions to our service users. Duties include:
- Providing advice, support, signposting and guidance to families/carers
- Coordinating and developing family/carer work with an emphasis on supporting families/carers
- Identifying service users’ needs
- Working closely with the prison and local agencies
- Providing pathways for clients and families to increase their engagement in family life, improving their health and well-being and reduce re-offending
- Carry out one-to-one and group work interventions
Requirements for the Family Worker
- You will be in possession of, or be working towards a recognised qualification in a related field (counselling, health & social care, systemic family work, nursing etc.)
- Experience in or good knowledge of the criminal justice system and/or working with families
- Passionate about helping individuals to improve the quality of their lives
- A desire to incentivise hope and motivation in our clients to empower them to reflect upon issues that may impact their relationships
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience of liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Able to set and stick to professional boundaries
Closing date: Thursday 30th May 2019.