Electrical / Electronic Design Engineer
Salary dependant on experience
You will be an analytical person with an understanding of technical engineering projects and electrical / electronic applications, highly self-motivated and experienced a wide range of tasks including feasibility analysis, design and test.
- Minimum HNC / HND in Electrical or electronic Engineering
- Compliancy knowledge of electrical standards (UK. EU. US. Etc.)
- Knowledge of working within a ISO 9001, AS9100 or IATF certified develop environment.
- Have a good understanding, validating and supporting DFMEA, PFMEA activities for various projects and products.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Hold discussions at high level with customers and suppliers
- Understanding of CANbus and similar communication standards / protocols
- Good working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics
- Appreciation of connector technology
- Appreciation of protection against atmospheric extremes
- Ability to draw up plans and schematics using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Ability to test electrical / electronic control and power systems and analyse data
- Documenting technical findings and performance results in technical reports and presentations as required.
- Computer literate with working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office applications and preferably SolidWorks
- Specification & sourcing of electrical components / ECU / Engine control system
- Experience in DC/DC converter / alternator / generator / controllers / battery charging
- Experience in hybrid systems technology will be an advantage
- BOM creation
Self-motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills displayed throughout with personal interaction, briefings, presentations, and written correspondence.
Excellent problem solver, data driven and be able to understand the root cause of the problems, and clearly show critical improvements.
Full UK driving license required