£26,000-£30,000 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Lee and Plumpton is a leading UK manufacturer of office furniture. Established since 1974, we are a family Company who pride ourselves on the quality of our products and our commitment to client service.
The values of Integrity, Commitment, Development, Accountability and Teamwork underpin the behaviours and aspirations of the Company. In any role advertised we are looking to recruit individuals who reflect these values.
Role Purpose – Design Engineer
The Design Engineer’s role is to design new products to a high standard and modify existing ones, which will include work on drawings, bills of materials and component specifications. As part of this role you will be expected to liaise with other departments to understand manufacturing capabilities, changes and sourcing of supplier parts and raw materials. You will be expected to keep abreast of design innovations and international standards.
Skills and Experience – Design Engineer
We are ideally looking for someone with:
- Strong experience of Autodesk inventor and Autodesk vault or a comparable 3D modelling software and ideally bespoke design.
- Good understanding of how design interrelates to the commonality of design features, dimensions and available parts.
- Knowledge of mechanical properties of products.
- Understanding of how to design products to meet the needs of the market, whilst being cost effective and aesthetically pleasing.
- Understanding or background in furniture design, covering wood (particle board), metal (both tube and sheet) and fabric-based products.
Applicants with less experience, but with a Design Engineering qualification to degree level, will be considered.
Terms of Role
Hours: Monday to Friday, 08.30 am to 17.00 pm.
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 per annum (dependent upon experience).
Benefits: This is a permanent role and alongside a friendly place to work, we offer a Nest pension scheme, death in service insurance and 23 days (rising to 25 days) holiday entitlement.
Location: Attleborough, Norfolk.
Friday 25th January 2019.