Job title: Demolition Estimator
Salary: £40,000- £50,000 per annum
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension scheme, car allowance, statutory holiday (increases in subsequent years)
Shorts Demolition provides a complete demolition service for projects of all sizes, including strip-outs, asbestos removal and crushing.
We are seeking an experienced Demolition Estimator with a passion to develop their skills by joining our Estimating and Bid Management team.
Job description for Demolition Estimator
As a Demolition Estimator you will estimate and prepare the cost of demolition tenders using first principles, develop the estimate at a level of detail appropriate to the size and complexity of the project, identify potential cost risks, and source supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
You will develop initial tender programmes to then present, discuss and review proposals with the Demolition Manager prior to submission, as well as liaising with clients, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and stakeholders.
This opportunity will enable the successful candidate to work closely with more experienced colleagues becoming a valued and senior member of the department.
Requirements for the Demolition Estimator
- Must have experience in a sales or administration role in construction or demolition industry
- Knowledge of relevant demolition/health and safety policies and procedures
- You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Good capability with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- You will be approachable and professional
- You must possess excellent organisational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and plan and prioritise workloads