Damper Assembly Technician
Competitive hourly rate available
Do you have a passion for the automotive industry and get excited at the idea of working with niche vehicles?
Then this is the job for you …
My client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join their busy engineering workshop.
The Damper Assembly Technician will be responsible for building production dampers and other components from start to finish.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble DSSV dampers to production specifications using information from drawings and procedures.
- Test DSSV production dampers using Dynamic Suspension software, interpret results and make adjustments to achieve pass criteria.
- Assemble hydraulic components to production specifications using information from drawings and procedures.
- Test production hydraulic units using DynasoftMX software.
- Assemble brake and steering mechanical components to production specification using information from drawings and procedures.
- Ensure build sign off paperwork is completed.
- Rework and prepare component parts when required using machining and fabrication equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Machining and fabrication experience would be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows
- Engineering certification or equivalent
- Basic mechanical assembly experience.
- Previous experience of working in an automotive or motor racing would be an advantage