Job title: UK Customs Manager
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive pension scheme, inclusion into our Car programme, attractive bonus and discounts with affiliated partners
Vauxhall is not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but is also known and awarded as one of Britain’s top employers. A job with us could not only provide a sustainable career, but an opportunity for you to develop your skills amongst forward-thinking technology and people.
We are looking for an experienced Customs Manager to join our friendly and established team in Coventry.
Do you have a strong understanding of UK and EU Customs procedures with experience as a Customs Manager? Do you want to be part of one of the leading and thriving European automotive manufacturers? If so, this Customs Manager position could be for you.
Job description for Customs Manager
As an experienced Customs Manager, you will be responsible for managing the UK Customs Team and providing support on complex issues to ensure full understanding and compliance. You will have an understanding of EU and UK customs legislations and implement solutions where necessary, including IT software changes.
This role involves working with other stakeholders to understand the impact of Brexit, liaising with HMRC, overseeing the performance of contracted Customs Brokers, monitoring monthly Duty and VAT spend, and attending relevant customs meetings.
Requirements for the Customs Manager
- Experience in International Trade
- Full understanding of UK and EU Customs procedures
- Knowledge of Customs Compliance requirements
- High intellectual capacity and ability to deal with complexity
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage several issues concurrently, with strict deadlines
- Collaborative working within a team and the wider business with strong interpersonal skills
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension scheme
- Inclusion on the company car scheme
- Company life Assurance scheme
We look forward to receiving your application as well as relevant supporting documents (cover letter, CV and certificates), including your salary requirement and period of notice.
Vauxhall is an equal opportunity employer.