Offering a friendly working environment, a varied position that promotes career and professional development, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of young people, we are looking for a friendly and proactive Clerical Assistant/Receptionist.
Clarion Academy Trust was established in 2017 and currently consists of Hobart High School, Thurlton Primary School and Pakefield High School. Our staff are dedicated to and passionate about securing the best possible outcomes for our young people and create excellence in a caring community.
You will be primarily based at Hobart High School, Loddon and you work during term time plus 1 week (39 weeks per year).
Role responsibilities – Clerical Assistant/Receptionist:
You will provide a high standard of clerical support (including use of ICT systems) to the school, its teachers and students and, by working flexibly, ensure that duties are carried out efficiently and effectively. Duties include:
- Undertaking word processing and other ICT based tasks of a general nature and provide basic secretarial support to specific staff
- Completing receptionist, switchboard and messenger duties, dealing with routine enquiries and receiving visitors to the school, including providing hospitality
- Assisting with student work experience administration
- Assisting with coach travel arrangements for school trips and sports fixtures
- Assisting with the provision of medical care and first aid for students and staff
- Creating nominal rolls for all trips and visits
- Assisting with organisation of Parents Evenings/other events
- General office activities such as e-mailing, photocopying and filing
- Assisting with the administration of pupil records/registers/data
- Assisting with the management of stock, supplies and other school resources
- Assisting with queries regarding Cashless Catering/Wisepay
Person specification – Clerical Assistant/Receptionist:
- Experience in general administrative work and in maintaining computerised records and systems
- An NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- ICT literate (experience with Microsoft) with good keyboard skills
- First Aid (or willingness to complete training)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work within a team as well as independently
- Good knowledge of relevant policies/standards/regulatory matters and able to effectively deliver services in line with these
- Able to relate to and assist school staff at all levels
- Desire to acquire new skills and undertake training
Closing date: Friday 16th April 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 26th April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people across our schools. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and have checks carried out with previous employers.
We are an equal opportunities employer.