Job title: Activity Clubs Coordinator
Salary: £19,528 FTE, £8,369 pro rata (£10.70 per hour)
Location: Portsmouth, South East Hampshire
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 15 hours per week
Brendoncare is a registered charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for older people. Our clubs are friendship and wellbeing clubs dedicated to providing older people with opportunities for social interaction and to meet new friends in a welcoming and supportive environment.
We are currently looking for an Activity Clubs Coordinator to support our volunteers in running the clubs.
Job description for Activity Clubs Coordinator
As the Activity Clubs Coordinator you will assist our volunteers with risk assessments, help them balance the books recruiting volunteers or, in the absence of a volunteer, lead club activities which involves everything from exercise and cooking clubs to dancing and singing, games and quizzes.
This role covers Fareham, Portsmouth, Gosport areas. Mileage and expenses can be claimed.
Requirements for the Activity Clubs Coordinator
- You must have a car
- A full clean driving license is essential
- Flexibility is required due to clubs being held at various times during the week and weekends
- Volunteering or working with volunteers for 1 year is preferable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of community engagement and development
- You will have an understanding of the issues affecting older people